Saturday, September 23, 2006

Blog Blog

Well I have to say, I really underestimated Nate. I thought for sure Nate would have given up on me by now. But he has been faithfully making entries on a daily basis. I'm still not quite sure what my purpose is. I mean, is this stuff supposed to be funny? It's certainly not informational.

Not only has Nate been posting, he's also been making friends. He's added a lot of links to other blogs that he finds interesting and funny. Most of them are much better than me. They have all sorts of pictures (Nate's still really lacking in that area) and links and cool widgets and stuff.

One such blog that really has its stuff together is "Critique My Blog". This blog, written by Billy Mac, will critique any blog that asks it to. Usually Billy Mac is dead on. But yesterday I got critiqued, and I have to say I think Billy was a little drunk when he wrote the analysis. Check it out:

Holy Cow...what a way to end a long hard day at work. I don't usually laugh out loud at something I'm reading, but this blog by comic Nate Smith is off the charts. If he delivers his comedy on stage the way he writes it then he better be standing by for the call from Last Comic Standing. Very impressed with this one. My advice would be two things. Add a site meter so you can see how many fans you have...and then add a feature like Feedblitz to keep your fans updated as you continue to post your material. This is definitely worth a look. Very cleverly written, I love the lists about George and Dick...The cell phone skit...the Nature's calling...You've won a fan here tonight. Nice job and keep it coming.

I dunno, maybe I just don't get it. But at least Nate took the advice Billy Mac gave and added a Feedblitz and a site meter. The Feedblitz link is so you can subscribe to this blog and receive the posts directly in your e-mail rather than having to come all the way here. The site meter is so I can see how many people have come to me. I guess they kind of work against each other. It'll be like a cage match!

Anyway, you should definitely check out "Critique My Blog" as well as all the other links over there. Who knows how long they'll be up there because I'm sure Nate is going to get bored of me and give up on me soon. If I don't ever see you again...I love you...

Welcome!

Nate is a Blog has found a new home at NoseSplash.com where Nate promises to give you all of the same great content of this site, but just a whole lot more of it. Check it out!