Friday, January 26, 2007

Nate is a Reviewer

My editor sent me out to see another bad movie. I'm not really a fan of horror movies, so I wasn't thrilled when I was asked to review The Hitcher. But it was actually better than I expected. Check out the rest of the paper at wweek.com.


The Hitcher

The Hitcher can't be a horror film, because I don't like horror films. But it has all the trappings of a scary movie. Kids going on spring break. Stuff jumping out at the screen. Shower scene. Bad acting. Oh, wait—it doesn't have bad acting. But it has horrible writing. Actually, it doesn't. What? What's going on here? What kind of movie is this? John Ryder (Sean Bean) is like the Jack Bauer of bad guys. By the end I was rooting for him and excited to see how he would off his next victim. But not because I didn't like the heroes Jim (Zachary Knighton) and Grace (Sophia Bush). They aren't your typical idiotic victims. Not once did the crowd yell, "Why the hell did you go in there?" As a guy who thinks horror films are stupid, I found myself enjoying this one. I give The Hitcher one hitchhiking thumb up. R. NATE SMITH.

Welcome!

Nate is a Blog has found a new home at NoseSplash.com where Nate promises to give you all of the same great content of this site, but just a whole lot more of it. Check it out!