Tuesday, January 09, 2007

It's not what it looks like...

Okay, let me explain. Every year my Grandfather treats my family to a trip to Disney World (Have I written that thank you note yet?). One of our favorite rides is Splash Mountain. For those of you who don't know, it is a ride that ends with a huge plummet into a pool of water. On the way down a camera catches unsuspecting riders' reactions to the freaky fall. But the Smith family is anything but unsuspecting. We are in fact extremely suspecting. Each year we decide on a different pose and strike it at the appropriate moment. This year we went with "The Family Road Trip" and recreated a scene from our drive down to Florida all the way from Missouri. The participants were my parents, my wife and I, my sister and her husband, and Karter, my 10 year old cousin. In the front row my father was driving and my mom was pointing. In the second row my wife was holding the map. In the third row my cousin and I were supposed to be sleeping, and in the last row my sister and her husband were making out. Here's the thing...my cousin gets a little scared on these rides and instead of striking his pose, he um...well...he ducked. And it looks...well, here take a look.

I'm going to jail...

(click on picture for a close up)

Welcome!

Nate is a Blog has found a new home at NoseSplash.com where Nate promises to give you all of the same great content of this site, but just a whole lot more of it. Check it out!