Thursday, June 05, 2008

Twitterize your life

I recently jumped on the Twitter bandwagon. Now I am constantly telling my friends, and some strangers, what I am doing at all times. For those of you who don't know, twitter.com is a social site where people can keep in quick constant contact with others by simply answering one question, "What are you doing?" It's kind of like when you are using an instant messenger program, or facebook or myspace, and it has that status message that tells everyone what you are up to...except...it's just the status message and nothing else. It's complicated, I know.


Anyway, I've been keeping people updated on what I'm doing at all times, except there are some times when I don't want people to know what I am doing. For instance, when I'm throwing a fit because they put vegetables on my cheeseburger even though I expressly requested no vegetables on my cheeseburger, I don't tell people about that. So I realized I am selectively telling people what I am doing. I am giving people a false sense of who I really am, because I am only telling them about the good things I am doing. Then I realized I could take this one step further. Not only could I make people think I am a better person than I really am by not telling them about bad things I do, but I could make people think I am a really good person by telling them I'm doing really good things that I'm not actually doing. Because how would they know? It's twitter! There's no accountability here.

To follow my every fake action, go to twitter.com/natesmithlive

Welcome!

Nate is a Blog has found a new home at NoseSplash.com where Nate promises to give you all of the same great content of this site, but just a whole lot more of it. Check it out!